Turning Point is looking to hire a financial advisor to join our team. You will spend your day prospecting for, or servicing, clients; working with Turning Point’s Operations Team to deliver financial plans, investment advice and insurance solutions. The ideal applicant is a self-starter, coachable, and someone who wants to be part of something bigger than themselves but also has a hunger for personal success. Turning Point is client-centric instead of investment focused and our Financial Advisors must have a passion for helping people simplify their financial lives.
Financial Advisor Responsibilities:
- Talking to clients to determine their expenses, income, insurance coverage, financial objectives, tax status, risk tolerance, or other information needed to develop a financial plan.
- Answering client questions about financial plans and strategies and providing sound financial advice.
- Recommend strategies clients can use to achieve their financial goals and objectives, including advice on debt management, insurance coverage and investments.
- Reviewing client accounts and plans on a regular basis to understand if life or economic changes, situational concerns, or financial performance necessitate changes in their plan.
- Analyzing financial data received from clients to develop strategies for meeting clients' financial goals.
- Preparing or interpreting financial document summaries, investment performance reports and income projections for clients.
- Identify and stay abreast of market trends, product and regulatory changes.
- Building and maintaining your client base; to include contacting, managing and updating client goals and portfolios through systematic reviews (annually, at a minimum).
Financial Advisor Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in business, finance or related field.
- At least (2) years of sales experience.
- Current FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65 Securities Registration (66 preferred).
- Current life and health license.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of mutual fund, securities, and insurance industries.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Experience providing quality financial advice.
- Must have a positive, growth-oriented attitude and be open to continuous improvement and participation in Turning Point’s advisor development program.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A TURNING POINT ADVISOR
Summary of relationship: Advisors affiliating with Turning Point will receive help with client support services, technology and marketing by the team at Turning Point. This structure works when it’s a win/win – meaning that the advisor receives a good value for the override paid, and Turning Point successfully shares some of their infrastructure costs among advisors – reducing duplication in hiring, technology, management, marketing, and expenses for everyone. By systematizing the client service model, fee structures, client communications programs, financial planning techniques, software deliverables, vendor relationships, etc., advisors can focus on building a stronger value proposition and referral base in their businesses.
Increased net revenue and opportunity to be paid from multiple revenue streams. In addition, a full support team will allow more time to devote to existing clients, marketing and prospecting - the advisor spends less time on administration, technology, managing staff, payroll, taxes, etc.
Non-tangible benefits of the team environment include participating in the team culture, collaborating on business decisions, marketing efforts and continual service improvements. The right candidate will be humbly confident, innovative, and have perseverance, personal integrity, empathy and drive.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Series 65 (Preferred)
- Series 66 (Preferred)
- Series 63 (Preferred)
- Life and H (Preferred)
- Series 7 License (Preferred)